Printfriendly

Chili Cheese Dip...a.k.a. White Trash Dip!


Some version of this recipe has been floating around the Internet for some time now.  It's usually called "White Trash Dip"...not sure why, but it does have a can of chili in it and a pound of bacon.  I have been making my own version of this dip for years and I always called it "Chili Cheese Dip", but the "White Trash Dip" is catchy even if it is potentially somewhat offensive to some...lol.   It doesn't bother me at all really.  I have been criticized for some of my recipes called 'redneck' this or that.  I just tell them I am from Kentucky, where that is a compliment...lol.  Really, must we all be so serious and politically correct all of the time? 

Here is what you need for this dip and call it whatever you want to:

1 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 ( 8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
1 (15oz.) can chili with beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onions, chopped including some of the green blades
3-4 dashes of Tabasco sauce

Ina a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sour cream until smooth.   Mix in half of the bacon, the shredded cheddar cheese, chili, green onions and Tabasco sauce. 


Turn into a shallow baking dish.  A deep dish pie plate works well for this and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top.  Place in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with Frito Scoops or tortilla chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest