Printfriendly

Blueberry Salad!


We always refer to this as "Aunt Mary's Blueberry Salad", because when we have a get together this is the salad Aunt Mary prepares most of the time, by popular request I might add.  My Aunt Mary is my mother's youngest sister, and like all of my mother's sisters, she is a really good cook also.

This is probably my husband's favorite gelatin type salad, which is odd because he says he doesn't like blueberries.  Sometimes I am not sure he knows what he likes..lol. I keep him as confused about that as I can.   I love blueberries so this is definitely one of my favorites. I like this, because it's a little something different .  Like so many of our  holiday 'salads', this is much more like a dessert.  It does go well with holiday foods like ham and turkey. 

 Here is what you will need:

2  (3 oz.)  pkgs. blackberry or raspberry Jello
2 cups boiling water
1 (8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, undrained
1 can blueberry pie filling
1  8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix gelatin and boiling water until it dissolves.  Add in the crushed pineapple with it's juices and the pie filling.  Pour mixture into a 9"x 13" glass baking dish. Chill for at least 2 hours or until it has set up. 



Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.  Spread over the gelatin once it has chilled and set up.  Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans.

You can put this in a gelatin mold, but if you do, don't add the topping until you unmold it onto your serving platter.  We always do it in a baking dish.



Aunt Mary's Blueberry Salad!




8 comments:

  1. I use grape jello in this blueberry salad. I like it the best. But it is a great salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family loves this and I make it often for special occasions like holidays and birthday dinners. My daughters never liked congealed dishes until I made this. Now,they request it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the size of the box of jello the small or the large? I can hardly wait to have this for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the smaller box of Jello, I think it's like 3 oz. You use two of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grandma makes this every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. She as always called it "Thank you".

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY MOTHER ALWATS USED CONCORD GRAPE JELLO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always use the black cherry jello. Have made this every Christmas since I can ever remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t stress enough how good this congealed salad is. We use two 3oz. boxes blueberry jello and 2 cans of blueberry pie filling. If u see the blueberry jello any time, buy them. Grape jello is a good substitute. When I make the blueberry, pineapple and jello, I do it the night before. ( I didn’t do this the first time I made it and everything sank to the bottom.) because I hate cooking I make the topping the night before and let it hang out in the fridge. I do like to whip the topping then add nuts. The next day spread topping over jello mixture and walk out the door. Everyone in my family loves it and someone makes it.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest