Printfriendly

Spinach Artichoke Pizza!




I love spinach and artichoke dip and I love pizza so I decided to combine the two and with some tweaking and modifications, I think this is a very good recipe.  I tried a few recipes I found and they were either too dry and sort of bland or way too greasy and heavy.  I tried to take the good things in each one and mix them.

Here is what you will need:

1 bag chopped frozen spinach, cream cheese, basil, Alfredo sauce (any flavor you like), mayonnaise, 1 can artichoke hearts,  garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, pepper jack cheese or provolone slices, pizza crust for a 12 inch pizza.  I used a pizza crust mix that Kroger makes.


Soften the cream cheese and mix with the 1/4 cup mayonnaise,1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.



Thaw spinach and drain well.  Mash all of the water out of it.  I use paper towels to absorb all of the excess moisture.  Drain the artichoke hearts and chop up in bite size pieces.  Add both to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.


After you spread your crust out on your pizza pan or baking dish, spread a very thin layer of Alfredo sauce over it to the edges.  Sprinkle with basil.  Lay the pepper jack cheese slices over this.  If you do not like spicy, just use provolone cheese.


Spoon the spinach artichoke mixture over the cheese layer.  Sprinkle this layer with Parmesan cheese. I used the Kraft Shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheese blend.

Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.  This is  more than enough spinach topping for a 12 inch pizza.  I made a smaller pizza because I am the only one who eats this at my house.  I made my husband a beef and pepperoni pizza.  He thinks if he eats something green it will surely kill him...lol.


Ingredients:

1 bag frozen spinach thawed and drained well
1 can artichoke hearts
1 cup Alfredo sauce (1/2 spread on the pizza crust, 1/2 in the spinach/artichoke topping) I used Bertolli's Four Cheese Rosa
1 pizza crust for 12 inch pizza
6-7 slices pepper jack cheese or provolone
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup for spinach/ artichoke mixture, the other cup for the top of the pizza)
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. basil


No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest